The “Think Before You Spray” campaign is a collaborative, community-driven project in Marin County to raise awareness among Marin residents about alternatives to the use of toxic landscape products– around people’s homes and businesses - and to reduce the overall use of pesticides.
Many organizations have compiled useful information on how to reduce environmental toxins. We have selected a few resources with links below that will take you to other websites.
What are some other methods to control weeds?
Weed by hand! Try a trowel! Prevent them from getting started! Here are some links that give non-toxic ways to make your garden glow.
Learn more about having a beautiful yard while avoiding the use of chemicals.
- What is Integrated Pest Management (IPM)?
- Learn what a Bay-friendly garden and yard looks like
- Watch this video to hear about IPM in the Bay Area
- Garden help from UC Master Gardeners
- Ask an expert about pests and pesticides
- Find a Bay-friendly gardener